Our partners excelled at large, international law firms, delivering exceptional results for clients. But our passion for our clients led us to a smaller, more exciting model. As a boutique law firm, we can focus more intensely on client service and have the flexibility to deliver cost saving strategies that best meet your business needs and goals. Our small firm provides you a big advantage.
- You will come first.
- You will have our full attention.
- You will stay informed.
- You will have peace of mind.
Your priorities are our priorities.
If a particular approach, fee arrangement or assignment will best solve your problem, we have the freedom and flexibility to pursue it in your best interest. We don’t try to sell you other legal services, as full service law firms frequently do. Our job is to understand your goals and help you achieve them.
You are our most important client.
You will have direct and routine contact with the attorney responsible for discovering and implementing the solution to your problem. You will not be passed off to other attorneys in the firm when you have a question or concern.
You will have constant contact with us.
You can reach us individually by telephone, email or text virtually around the clock, seven days a week. You will receive routine status reports on your case. You will always know what is happening now and what the next steps will be.
Your challenges are our opportunities.
We will only take on your legal issue if it falls squarely within an area of the law where we can excel for you. If we aren’t the right attorneys for your particular issue, we will recommend another firm. When you trust us with your legal issue, you can rest assured that you will have knowledgeable, experienced and successful industry leaders working to solve your problem.
- 12DecSeattle, Washington –Jackson Rosenfield LLP has been ranked in the U.S. News – Best Lawyers 2018 “Best Law Firms” list. According to U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers, firms “included in the 2018...22AugSeattle, Washington – Jackson Rosenfield LLP partner Mark G. Jackson was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2018 (Copyright 2011 by Woodword/White, Inc., of Aiken, S.C.) in the...
- 19JunKevin Rosenfield, a lawyer at Jackson Rosenfield LLP, has been selected to the 2017 Washington Super Lawyers list. This is an exclusive list resulting from a rigorous, independent evaluation process and represents no more than...24FebFollowing a two-week jury trial in King County Superior Court, JRLLP successfully obtained a verdict in favor of its client on all claims. JRLLP’s client, a home builder that had partially completed the construction of...
- 3JunKevin Rosenfield, a lawyer at Jackson Rosenfield LLP, has been selected to the 2016 Washington Super Lawyers list. This is an exclusive list, recognizing no more than five percent of attorneys in the state. Super...15JunKevin Rosenfield, a lawyer at Jackson Rosenfield LLP, has been selected to the 2015 Washington Super Lawyers list. This is an exclusive list, recognizing no more than five percent of attorneys in the state. Super...
- 22MayOur Afghan client constructed a bridge in Afghanistan for the United States Government, contracting with a large U.S.-based general contractor. During contract performance, our client discovered that the security and transport conditions drastically differed from...25FebOur client was awarded a commercial item contract to build a caisson for the U.S. Navy. During contract performance, the client discovered that the plans and specifications issued by the Navy contained numerous defects. These...
- 28OctThe General Services Administration (“GSA”) awarded our client a contract to build a new land port of entry on the border between Canada and the United States. The Contract was a firm-fixed price in the...18AugSeattle, Washington – Jackson Rosenfield LLP partner Mark G. Jackson was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 (Copyright 2011 by Woodword/White, Inc., of Aiken, S.C.) in the...
- 7AugWe represented the owner of an agriculture company and auto parts store, filing a lawsuit against his ex-partner for misappropriation of company assets. Our client’s ex-partner had secretly funneled company funds to his own personal...17JulSeattle, Washington – Jackson Rosenfield LLP, a boutique litigation and dispute resolution firm, is pleased to announce the launch of its completely redesigned law firm website (www.jacksonrosen.com). The new website emphasizes the firm’s focus on...
- 9JunThe INBLF is a network of highly credentialed single-discipline boutique law firms, across the United States and Canada. The INBLF is not an organization a lawyer or law firm can join by paying a fee....2Jun
On behalf of a small, woman-owned moving company, JRLLP recovered lost profits on a failure to order services theory of recovery, settling a case pending before the ASBCA.Our client had filed rates for shipping goods with the Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (“SDDC”). Its rates were accepted and certified by both SDDC and the transportation office at Fort McPherson, GA. We...
On a commercial items contract for medical coding services, JRLLP recovered funds withheld by the government, settling a case pending before the COFC.Our client had a commercial item contract with the Navy to provide, among other things, medical coding services at various Naval Hospitals across the United States. The contract required our client to provide one-month units...
Proposed Rule Would Require Contracting Officer to Consider Contracting Directly with Subcontractor(s) That Will Perform Over 70% of the Work.On July 10, 2014, the Department of Defense (DoD), General Services Administration (GSA), and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) published a proposed rule to implement Section 802 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)...24Jun
Discussions are Unequal When Agency allows Only One Offeror to Submit Information Showing Its Proposal Was AcceptableIn Marathon Medical Corp., B-408052 (June 4, 2014), [PDF] the GAO again addressed a popular protest basis—unequal discussions—and sustained the protest because the agency allowed the proposed awardee, but not the protester, to submit information...
- 21JunOn June 17, 2014, the US Department of Labor published a proposed rule raising the minimum wage for workers on federal service and construction contracts to $10.10 per hour. [LINK] The rule implements President Obama’s...25Apr
COFC dismisses claim because claim as argued before the court was not the same claim as was presented to the contracting officer for final decision.In Affiliated Construction Group, Inc. v. United States, [LINK] the court dismissed plaintiff’s claim because the factual basis of the claim, as argued by plaintiff to the court, was different than that presented to the...
- 15AprThe bill would result in a cut of approximately $3 billion from FY2014 levels. To review the bill, and see what specific projects were funded. [PDF]21MarThe forecast identifies 188 projects around the world, and includes information regarding set-asides, contract type, acquisition method, approved budget and anticipated award date. To down load a copy of the forecast, see here: [PDF]
- 23DecOf particular note for some federal contractors, the SBA revised size standards from $20 million to $25.5 million in Dredging and Surface Clean Up activities, which is an “exception” to the size standard for NAICS...
February 13, 2015
Attorneys’ Fee Clauses: Who is the Prevailing Party?
November 21, 2014
Understanding the Ostensible Subcontractor Rule
March 13, 2014
Suspension and Debarments on the Rise